Running a 3-day event, takes months of preparations and we start preparing the site earlier in the week. Lots of mowing, some limb trimming, and then laying out and flagging the site before all of the tents go up. We have volunteers there on set-up morning. They help vendors unload and transport their items to their site if for some reason they can not park next to their site. Occasionally, a vendor will not have an assistant and will need help popping up their tent. But mostly, they show the vendors where their spot is and how to face their tent. Then throughout the festival our volunteers help keep the festival clean, answer questions, and just help where needed, while attending lectures and hikes that they also want to participate in. Then after the festival we have to take it all down and clean up.
Still interested? Please, review the rules and note that for everyone’s safety we are asking to mask up and social distance.
This is a “Request” to Volunteer, and therefore we will follow up with you in a few days. Also, upon acceptance, one will receive a printable Volunteer Pass that will need to be placed in your windshield while at the festival.
- This is a family friendly event – there is to be NO alcohol, drugs, guns, or nudity!
- Children are welcome and must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times.
- There is no smoking in the Main Tents, in the port-o-lets or within the group hikes. There are proper places to put one’s cigarette butts, so please do not throw them on the ground.
- There is to be NO Indian Policing or Politics permitted – All Races, All Religions, All Our Relations
- Dogs are permitted, but must be leashed at all times, next to owner, and must be cleaned up after.
- The back gate to the Serpent Mound Park will close at dark, no one may re-enter until daylight.
We understand the servility of wearing masks and not gathering in large groups, which is why we canceled the 2020 festival, along with most of our other events. We are planning to hold our Summer Solstice Celebration festival, however, depending on the governor’s recommendations in May/June, we may again have to cancel. So, we will keep you posted. Until then, we will request masks and social distancing.