Running a 3-day event, takes months of preparations and we start preparing the site earlier in the week. Lots of mowing, some limb trimming, and then laying out and flagging the site before all of the tents go up. We have volunteers there on set-up morning. They help vendors unload and transport their items to their site, if for some reason they can not park next to their site. Occasionally, a vendor will not have an assistant and will need help popping up their tent. But mostly, they show the vendors where their spot is and how to face their tent. Then throughout the festival our volunteers help keep the festival clean, work at the FOSM Booth, answer questions, oversee the workshop tent, or just help where needed. We are also flexible, so volunteers may attend lectures, workshops, and hikes that they also want to participate in. Sunday evening and Monday we need help taking down tents and cleaning up.
Still interested? This is a “Request” to Volunteer, and therefore we will follow up with you in a few days. Also, upon acceptance, one will receive a printable Volunteer Pass that will need to be placed in your windshield while at the festival.
June 23-25 2023
- This is a family friendly event – there is to be NO alcohol, drugs, guns, or nudity!
- Children are welcome and must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times.
- There is no smoking in the Main Tents, in the port-o-lets or within the group hikes. There are proper places to put one’s cigarette butts, so please do not throw them on the ground.
- Dogs are permitted, but must be leashed at all times, next to owner, and must be cleaned up after.
- The back gate to the Serpent Mound Park is closed. One can use the Buckeye Trail to access the park during open hours.