What is the Purpose of the Festival?
There are theories, stories, lost knowledges, and unknowns with Serpent Mound. The Friends of Serpent Mound started this festival as a way for the public to share and learn about those many facets. Our speakers have varied from locals, historians, Native Americans, scientists, spiritualist, and more. We are neither inclusive, nor exclusive. This started as just a one day event in 2009, and was a 4-day event one year! Help us celebrate the first days of Summer with our annual 3-day festival. We hold this festival in the neighboring field to the east of Serpent Mound, at Soaring Eagle Retreat. This gives everyone an opportunity to enjoy the natural ambiance of Serpent Mound, separately from the hustle and bustle of the festival.
The Summer Solstice Celebration is to promote the multitude of aspects associated with Serpent Mound, from who made it, to how is it used today! Therefore, we are looking for individuals that would be interested in helping us educate the public in areas of…
- Historical and Ancient Knowledge, Traditional Skills and Crafts, Dowsing, Ley Lines, Archeoastronomy, Archaeology, Standing Stones, Crop Circles, Mound Builders, Artifacts, Stories and Legends, springs, and waterways…
- Along with the appreciation of nature – bird watching, herbs, wild flowers, native plant foraging, Earth Friendly ways, hiking and more…
- Along with ways to enjoy Summer!
Would you like to speak?
As a Speaker, we ask that you present your topic for 45-55 minutes, as we work on a hour time slot, please let me know if you would need longer. Digital presentations can be brought on a memory stick, as we supply the screen, projector, and laptop. Bringing your own laptop is fine and also requested for presentations greater than 1 Gig,
We also offer our presenters a vending space at half the cost for the weekend – $30. This is a 12×12 tent space, where you supply everything, and may even camp behind your space. Or for $10 you can use our 6 foot table and 2 chairs, under a large shared 20×40 tent. Finally, that same table and chair can be used on the day you speak for FREE. Camping is available in the field, if you request it, with or without wanting vending space.
We do jury our vendors wares, incase you vend things other then what your presentation is about. What we look for in our vendors: artisans, crafters, traditional skills people, authors, researchers, and sellers of Items that focus on nature, herbs, plants, upcycling or repurposing, plus more. Contact us, if you are not sure your items are acceptable. Please note: Medicinal hemp to smoke, may be legal, but is not an item we allow used or sold on the property. Hemp oil is permitted.
Number of Available Spaces
We offer 70+ spots. In 2021 we filled these by the middle of April! Normally, we were still filling spots by June 1st! We work on a first come, first served basis, and we try to only have no more than two like booths. That is not to say you may find several similar booths, they normally each carry something a little different to allow them a spot.
Like to join us?
Does this sound like something you would like to do? Then please fill out the form below. I will follow up with you in a few days. For those that I have talked with and requested you to join, thank you! If, there are any issues that you would still like to discuss, please feel free to Contact me and I would be happy to discuss them. If you prefer to talk – 1(937)205-0094.
June 23 – 25, 2023
- This is a family friendly event – there is to be NO alcohol, drugs, guns, or nudity!
- Children are welcome and must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times.
- There is no smoking in the Main Tents, in the port-o-lets or within the group hikes. There are proper places to put one’s cigarette butts, so please do not throw them on the ground.
- Dogs are permitted, but must be leashed at all times, next to owner, and must be cleaned up after.
- The back gate to the Serpent Mound Park is closed. One can use the Buckeye Trail to access the park during open hours.
If you have any images that we can use to promote your presentation, (an image of you or of your subject matter) please either email them or send them to either Friends of Serpent Mound or me (Delsey Wilson) though Facebook Messenger.