Join us June 20-23, 2024, as we celebrate the first few days of summer among the foothills of the Appalachia mountains.
Our annual festival highlights the area’s history, heritage, ecology, as well as the multitude of aspects associated with the Serpent Mound Park. The Great Serpent Mound effigy, built by the Ancient Indigenous Peoples, incorporates alignments to the rising and setting of the sun and moon on the solstices and equinoxes. The summer solstice sunset alignment is through the open jaws and across the oval.
There are many theories, stories, ancient knowledge, and unknowns with Serpent Mound. The Friends of Serpent Mound started this festival as a way for the public to share and learn about those many facets. Our presenters vary from locals, historians, Indigenous Americans, Scientists, Spiritualist, Musicians, and more. Learn about Serpent Mound and the surrounding area’s history, uniqueness, wildlife, and ecology, along with some fun family friendly summer activities!
Click the link below to see the image larger.
- This is a family friendly event – there is to be NO alcohol, drugs, guns, or nudity!
- Children are welcome and must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times.
- There is no smoking in the Main Tents, in the port-o-lets or within the group hikes. There are proper places to put one’s cigarette butts, so please do not throw them on the ground.
- Dogs are permitted, but must be leashed at all times, next to owner, and must be cleaned up after.
- The back gate to the Serpent Mound Park is closed. One can use the Buckeye Trail to access the park during open Park hours.
Interviews & Promotions on the Festival
June 2, 2023 Interview on C103
Listen to us live on June 12, 2023 at 10am here.
is a Member of FOSM and created this promotional video about our Summer Solstice Celebration Festival for us. Thank you, Jimbo!
Coming soon, Festival Promotion by The Strange Road!
Every year our festival seems to have an underlining theme, and this year’s is “Sound and music”
Supporting Organizations Over the Years
Join us any or every day of the festival, for FREE.
No registration required to attend.
Sorry, we don’t have any public camping.
Visit Adams County Travel & Visitors Bureau,
Visitor’s Bureau of Highland County,
or Visit Pike County, Ohio
We are now on youtube!
During our 2022 festival, we went live with most of our presentations. The company that oversaw the process, The Strange New Road, also recorded them for us. One can watch three of the presentations on their page and the remainder on our page. Go to our Channel and watch them all.
Our FOSM President. Jeffrey Wilson did an almost 4 hour interview with The Strange New Road’s Podcast on Serpent Mound and the Friends of Serpent Mound. Watch it here.